Monday, May 19, 2008

Crestock

I recently signed up with Crestock and submit 10 images, 7 of which were accepted. They seem to have fairly high standards, so I'm pleased I got in. I've been trying to get into iStockPhoto for about 3 months (and it's been very frustrating, but I'll save that for another post) so I was pleased. It didn't take long to get the images reviewed, either -- I think about 3 or 4 days.

Crestock offers you 20% of the sale price of the image until you've reached 100 sales, and then you get 30% per sale. Image prices are $5, $10 and $15 for small, medium and extra-large images. One of my images was uploaded at an original size of 4000x3000, and that size (12.0 Megapixels 4000 x 3000 pixels) is considered extra large (i.e. $15) and they also offer it downsized to medium (6.0 Megapixels or 2828 x 2121 pixels) or small (4.0 Megapixels 2309 x 1732 pixels). A couple of my images are 3200x2400, which is considered medium and they also offer it downsized to small (2309x1732). One good thing about most (if not all) of the stock sites is that you don't have to upload a whole slew of different sizes -- you upload the largest original you have and they'll downsize it when someone needs a smaller one. They also offer a dpi calculator for each image someone is looking at so they can see at 100 dpi what they could get (cm and inches) with the medium or small images, for example.

I've seen Crestock ads in magazines, so I know they're advertising and being an up-and-comer to the game, they're really pushing hard to get to the top of the stack. I'm pretty excited about being in there.

Click here if you'd like to sign up as a contributor or designer for Crestock.

My portfolio on Crestock.

No comments: