Tuesday, December 11, 2007

New designs, another sale, and Google found me!

Well, I made another sale of the ever-popular *grin* Mike Huckabee's Plan for Border Security (which is 2 words: Chuck Norris) -- I'll be more excited when one of my own designs sells one, but I'm happy to have sold a handful of these so far.

I also created a new category -- 3D/Abstract -- and will be adding various things to that... it will probably open up some new categories for me besides just t-shirts... I think mugs or maybe even clocks/notebooks or something could work, depending on the design. The tough part with this is getting it to take up the maximum space, but not cutting off the outer edges of the design (so there's a visible seam at the end) -- it'll get easier as I move to other designs, I think. Here are the two designs up in the abstract 3D section currently:


I think the abstract designs *could* do well, but people finding them is going to be the hard part... I could turn them into backgrounds and cross-promote, but I'm not sure... we'll see. Also, if anyone is interested, I'm using Cinema 4D R10.1 from Maxon to create and render these abstracts.

Also, my shop seems to now be listed in Google! Someone found me by looking for a shirt about having twins. They, of course, found my shirts about *not* having twins, but that's good nonetheless. It doesn't look like Google has updated their version of my store lately, but I suspect it won't take long.

No comments: